It's May. I would probably believe you if you told me it was still March, but it's actually the middle of May. Short Recap: Megan and Dad came to visit me in March. We saw everything there is to see in Paris and Bordeaux in about 5 days. Maybe not everything, but we came pretty close. We had dinner with my host family where I was simultaneously translating between French and English for three hours; my head hurt at the end but it was fun. Megan bought a beret and some 'art,' of which she left the beret here and lost the 'art' on the Metro in Paris. I managed to survive all of my classes, just barely, and now just have two papers left to write. Tricky without a computer. We've already had our 'good-bye' picnic for everyone studying in Bordeaux. That was terrifying, especially since at the time I didn't even know what day I was leaving. For the record, I'm leaving on the 24th, which means leaving Bordeaux on the 23rd. Which means I have a week and a half left of what was once 9 months. I've started making lists of everything I want to see and do here before I leave, of everything I'm going to miss, of French words I've learned, of everything I'm looking forward to doing at home. Lots of lists. A few examples...
Stuff I'm going to miss from France:
Baguettes
Pastries
Sitting in cafes for hours
Cathedrals
Mustard
Mustard
Stuff I won't miss:
Strikes/Protests
Euros
Public transportation
No computer...maybe not fair to put on the France list, but still
I'm going to campus today for the last time. The campus is the ugliest thing in Bordeaux so that makes it easier to say goodbye, but it's still weird that I'll probably never be back.
I celebrated my 21st birthday in France...which is a little anti-climatic but was still fun. We went to Biarritz, a surfing/resort town near the Spanish border for the day and just sat on the beach. I think it was about 85 degrees out, and I amazingly did not get incredibly sunburned. We came back to Bordeaux and hung out at Callie's house where they surprised me with a delicious brownie cake- I'm still impressed that they were able to make it in France. The next day I had dinner with my host family which was cute, the little girls were so excited. They gave me a really cute photo album which they promised to fill with pictures before I left, but I'm not sure if that will happen. I can't believe how fast this year has gone by, and I don't know if I'll be ready to leave in a week....
I'm going to campus today for the last time. The campus is the ugliest thing in Bordeaux so that makes it easier to say goodbye, but it's still weird that I'll probably never be back.
I celebrated my 21st birthday in France...which is a little anti-climatic but was still fun. We went to Biarritz, a surfing/resort town near the Spanish border for the day and just sat on the beach. I think it was about 85 degrees out, and I amazingly did not get incredibly sunburned. We came back to Bordeaux and hung out at Callie's house where they surprised me with a delicious brownie cake- I'm still impressed that they were able to make it in France. The next day I had dinner with my host family which was cute, the little girls were so excited. They gave me a really cute photo album which they promised to fill with pictures before I left, but I'm not sure if that will happen. I can't believe how fast this year has gone by, and I don't know if I'll be ready to leave in a week....
No comments:
Post a Comment