The internet in my house has completely disappeared so I'm sitting at McDonalds using the free wireless and they're playing "La Tortura" by Shakira. I'm not really complaining but it's weird because I've been really missing Spanish lately. It's hard because you have to choose one or the other, I know if I had gone to Spain I would have regretted losing my French and doing half and half isn't much better. We have a week-long vacation next week so I'm going to Barcelona and Lisbon, Portugal with a friend from Midd. I've been building up Barcelona for so long that I'm curious to see how I feel about it this time, over 4 years later. Barcelona was the first city in Europe that I ever saw and I've been desperate to go back ever since. And Portugal has been on my list for a long time, and I'm excited that I'm actually going. However, my camera is not really working...so mom and dad, I know you're reading this, maybe you could send a camera next weekend? Otherwise I'll be forced to buy a disposable camera and shoot film. Lame. Although appropriate for my return to Barcelona since that's all I had last time I was there. It's so pretty it doesn't actually matter what kind of camera you use. (I'm really excited if you couldn't tell...)
Classes are boring and exhausting. I complain about the lack of discussion but I'd be terrified if I had to actually participate. Hmm...
I found Chai Tea in this city!!! I didn't think it was possible but we found it and it was actually good. The ironic thing is that it's from a little place called "The French Coffee Shop," clearly trying to introduce the French to the Americans' love of Starbucks without the American brand. But I'll take it...
We also found pretty amazing Thai food. And last week we found samosas. I was craving asian food so this kind of makes everything better. If only we could find decent Mexican...
Now McDonalds is playing French techno and it's just too much for me. Luckily I've run out of things to say anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment